Monday, June 2, 2008

Atrocious Aircel

The day started off with a shock for me, I just tried to reach my mother on her mobile and amazed to hear a caller tune but she din pick the phone for quite some time. I just thought she would have placed her mobile some where and hence she is not able to pick the phone when I called her. Later I went down to meet her and asked for her mobile. To my surprise I cannot find any missed call details in her mobile. I just check all the other options like Call barring, Call Divert & Phone line and everything is proper.

If I dial from my mothers number I am able to speak to other people but even if I try to reach her from my land line I got the same Caller tune and still my mothers mobile din get any details pertaining to the call. After all basic investigations I rang up the Customer Care and to my surprise they said everything is proper and kept me on hold for around 15 – 20 mins and disconnected the line. Later after a couple of minutes they rang my mom and this time her mobile had received the call. I was a bit confused of what had happened.

Some time later I got a call from a number similar to my mothers number (Mother’s Number 98418 – ABCDE, The number from which I had received the call was 98411 – 8ABCD) and the called said that she had got lots of missed calls from my number. On analyzing the two number it was very much clear that the call to 98418 – ABCDE has been landed to the mailbox of 98411 – 8ABCD (if you can compare the number u can find that the 5 digits starting from 5th digit to 9th digit of my mothers number is same as the 5 digits from the 6th digit to the 10th digit from which I got a call).

After getting these details I contacted the Customer Care once again and explained the whole the problem and the response from them is very very funny, They just said that they have check the profile and there are no issues in the same and simple asked me to keep my mobile switch off for the next 30 minutes and switch on it later. I was clearly asking the reason behind the problem but they kept on saying switch off and on your mobile. After getting frustrated I disconnected the call. I was using AIRCEL (RPG) for some 6+ years or so and the quality of their services had drowned like anything.

Hope you guys are aware abt the cross talk issues which popped up some time before now, earlier I was reluctant to believe it and now I think that news would have been 100% true.

1 comment:

Idris said...

Initially i was using aircel...Very very poor service i have not seen anywhere such a bad mobile network. It Su**s even now...I decided to change to airtel...i thought the change in network will bring lot of difference but the same case with airtel too, I cannot explain the Grievances which i had confronted with these networks as time will not permit to explain everything, but to my dismal i am forced to continue with airtel despite of lots of problem i had dealt with. Poor me and others who have beening unnecessary prblm with these mobile network