Friday, September 14, 2007

Where are Government Officials / Policies heading to?????

Everyone in our Singara Chennai would be aware about the Auto Drivers and their attitude in getting a sky high sum of money for using their service… sorry Auto (Coz no one is doing it as a service now). In order to streamline the charges quoted by the auto drivers and for the benefit of the Auto Drivers as well as public out government had revised the meter rates and increased a considerable amount as flat rate. Further Government has issued notice in the media that the revised rates should be implemented within 3 months and also published a couple of telephone numbers (044-26445544 & 044-26444445) in case of any disputes / discrepancies in it.

One fine day when I was returning back to home I saw my friend looking for Autos in from of my house, thought of helping him out and joined him in his Auto. The Auto driver asked Rs 130/- for just 4 to 5 kilometers which would cost less than Rs 50/- from our place. The Bargaining deal started, and in the middle of bargaining I just remembered the above mentioned measure taken by our government and asked in to turn on his meter and will pay according to that. The Auto driver never gave his ears to that and he was demanding Rs 120/-. Luckily I had those numbers stored in my mobile, while speaking to him I just asked the Auto Driver to wait and tried calling the number. Our Super Hero Auto Driver looked like has guts to face any issues. He clearly said if required you can even call Our CM and nothing can be done to him.

Am not sure whether the call will be picked from the other end, to my greater surprised the call was picked and a guy responded from the other end. I just conveyed the issue and gave the Auto Number to him, In the mean time the auto driver got tensed and flew away from the place.

I was asked for the RTO details associated to that Auto which I was not aware about and at last managed to get that as the same was painted at the rear side of the Auto. The Respondent had clearly said me that the problematic Auto belongs to Mambalam RTO and I need to get in touch with them, also he had given the Mambalam RTO number to me. Further he added on and said that there will be no response If I call them and I need to physically go give them a written complaint and later they might take some action against the driver.

Am really surprised if that is going to be the case then why the hell our Government has issued these numbers? And the other thing is If I need to go there physically and lodge a complaint then I need to take up some other Auto with the same kind of problem.

The only satisfying was the Auto Driver had left the place as soon as I started speaking over phone, else I would have been a joker to him.

2 comments:

Sakthiswaran, CISA said...

This is a great concern.. I too go with Chandru. Even I have asked so any problems, One of them is, I had to receive the returns for the income tax paid in the year 2006. It is supposed to be paid with in 4 months. Its been 16 months still I have not received my returns. When I went and asked the Income tax office which is in the west tambaram branch, I got a very irresponsible reply from the respective officer. I really got fed up and wrote a letter to the Income tax cell in delhi. But I lost only the money spent for sending them the complaint letter. No response from them. I dont know how to get my returns back. If I dont pay tax they will put me in jail but if they dont give me back the returns no action will be taken.

god only should save india...

Sudar said...

Chandru,

I guess you were luckier that day, otherwise imagine the situation if the call was not picked up.

Even I don't understand why you have to go to the RTO office physically to give the complain. May be I guess that is the best way for the government to reduce the number of complaints. Other wise imagine the number of complains that would get registered. :)